Non Legal Resources
- GLSEN – Gay, Lesbian, & Straight Education Network – GLESN is a national education organization focused on ensuring safe schools for all students. They do research, provide resources, have safe space kits, and empower students. Washington State has a GLSEN chapter that provides workshops throughout the state.
- King County Trans Resource & Referral Guide – Updated in 2017, this guide is an “updated, comprehensive community tool for trans and gender nonconforming individuals, their families and local health and human service providers.” The guide was created by an all-trans work group. Disponible en español.
- Safe Schools Coalition – Safe Schools Coalition started in Washington State and has been replicated throughout many states and internationally. It is a coalition of organizations that support. It provides resources, reports, and political advocacy. Resources are also available in Spanish.
- Washington Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs (WCSAP) – WSCAP is a place to turn for dealing with the emotional components of sexual assault. They have resources and information about a variety of programs. WSCAP describes itself as: “a non-profit organization that strives to unite agencies engaged in the elimination of sexual violence. WCSAP provides information, training and expertise to program and individual members who support victims, family and friends, the general public, and all those whose lives have been affected by sexual assault.”
- Washington State Office of the Education Ombuds (OEO) – resolves complaints, disputes, and problems between families and Washington State elementary and secondary public schools. The intervene in issues such as: bullying/harassment, cyber bullying, suspensions, expulsions, special education, enrollment, transportation, discipline, acadmic progress, truancy, transition from pre-school to Kindergarten.
- Washington State Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction – Safety Center – The OSPI safety center provides resources to schools an parents on a variety of topics, including bullying and harassment.